Good customer service can keep your customers coming back repeatedly... On the other hand, bad customer service can deter customers from stepping foot in your business again. Keep your customers happy by learning how to use customer service to increase customer loyalty in your small business.
- Make your customer service a priority—Customer service should be a top priority in your business. Sit down and outline how you want your employees and yourself to conduct your customer service. It may even be a good idea to create "customer service standards" for your business so your employees know exactly what is expected.
- Have the right staff in place—Strive to ensure that you have the right staff in place to help provide good customer service to your customers or clients. Good customer service representatives should be enthusiastic but also be able to deliver and sell your products and be able to resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Be quick at solving customer complaints—Customer complaints can sometimes be opportunities in disguise... learn how to quickly and efficiently solve customer complaints and you may be surprised to learn that, by exceeding your customers' expectations, you may be able to increase their customer loyalty to your business.
- Consider creating a loyalty program—A customer loyalty program could be just the thing to help you create repeat customers and to even gain some new ones. Consider rewarding your customers for their loyalty by providing discounts and exclusive offers. This can help your customers feel appreciated and valued.
- Ask for customer feedback—As a business owner, try to make an effort to ask your customers for feedback. You can use customer feedback to help you pinpoint issues that may have otherwise gone unnoticed. It is important to not only ask your customer's for feedback but to also listen to that feedback and try to make changes that are within reason.
- Do not rely on technology—While technology is a great thing, it is important not to rely solely on it. Make sure you are personally reaching out to your customers so they know just how important they are to you!