What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft is a crime in which an imposter gains access to another's personal information, such as Social Security or credit card numbers, and uses them for personal gain. It might be the result of a stolen purse, stolen mail, documents taken from your trash, a data breach, computer virus, or telephone scam. According to the Javelin Strategy & Research 2012 Identity Fraud Survey Report, more than 11.6 million Americans were victims of identity theft in 2011, an increase of 13 percent over 2010.
How Do You Protect Yourself?
The best way to protect yourself is with an identity theft protection service. CB&S Bank has made special arrangements with IDProtect™ to offer you affordable identity theft protection you can trust.
IDProtect provides the following protection for you, your family, and joint account holders for $3.95 a month.
- Credit Monitoring - Daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion credit reports.
- Total Identity Monitoring - Continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone, and many others. If your risk is rated at medium or high, you will be notified of the possible breach.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
- Credit Score
- Up to $20,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement  coverage - For expenses associated with clearing your name and repairing damaged credit should you fall victim to identity theft. Covered expenses include: coverage for wages lost for time taken off work to correct personal records; reimbursement for costs associated with attorney fees, loan application fees, long distance calls, certified mail and notarized fraud documents, fees for investigating medical-related identity fraud, reasonable costs for travel and accommodations related to resolving an identity fraud incident, and expenses associated with the replacement of government-issued personal identification documentation.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolutions Services - Toll-free access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case.
- Identity theft recovery case plan - To inform you of the recovery process.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration - To reduce your personal liability on lost or stolen registered cards.
- Online identity theft news center - Along with valuable phone and web resources, www.IDProtectMe247.com
This IDProtect service is only available for CB&S Bank personal checking account holders. Together, you and CB&S Bank can prevent the pain and hassle of identity theft and ensure your peace of mind. Stop by your local CB&S Bank office today to start protecting yourself.
 Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as a domestic partner under the provisions of any applicable federal, state, or local law, children under 25 years of age and parent of such natural persons who are residents of the same household.
 Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Insurance product is not insured by FDIC or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the bank or any bank affiliate.