Protecting your account from fraud and security breaches is critical, that is why protecting your accounts is our top priority at CB&S Bank. While we do our best to protect your accounts, here are some ways you can monitor and protect yourself, as well:
- Keep an Eye on Your Accounts—Keeping an eye on your accounts (credit and debit) can help you catch fraudulent activity as soon as it happens. A simple way to monitor your account is through CB&S Bank's Internet Banking. Simply log into Internet Banking or Mobile Banking app with your username and password. If you have not already enrolled in Internet Banking and wish to do so, please click here. If you have not done so already, download the CB&S Bank Mobile Banking app from the Apple App store or Google Play store. Should you discover any suspicious activity, please contact us immediately to resolve any issues.
- Use the MobiMoney App to Monitor Debit Card Transactions—With the MobiMoney app, customers can decide when, where and how their debit cards are used in real-time. Enjoy these convenient features:
- Turn your debit card on/off
- Receive instant card transaction alerts
- Limit card usage based on location, transaction type, and amount
- Set merchant preferences
- View debit card transaction history
Apple users can download the MobiMoney app, by clicking here. To download the MobiMoney app using an Android device, click here.
- Verify Your Bank Statements—Watching your credit and bank accounts thoroughly is one way to ensure that there is no suspicious activity going on in your accounts. A lot of times, identity thieves will only charge small amounts in hopes that the victim will not notice. If you examine your accounts regularly then you will be more likely to notice a discrepancy before it becomes a bigger issue. Please report discrepancies to us promptly. You can view your statements online earlier than a mailed statement with CB&S Bank's eStatements. Sign up today through Internet Banking.
- Keep Your Banking Information Confidential—If you are ever asked to share your information, make sure not to do it. Always keep your banking information confidential and be sure to remind your loved ones to do the same.
- Create Strong Passwords—One simple way to help protect your accounts is to create strong passwords... Don't use easy-to-guess passwords like your birthdate or your children's names. Try incorporating letters, numbers and symbols to make a unique password that may be harder to predict.
- Do Not Access Your Account from Open Wi-Fi Networks—However convenient it may be, try not to access your accounts from any open Wi-Fi networks... It is always best to conduct your online banking from your own computer or device so that you know exactly what security measures have been installed.
- Only Use Secure Sites—Try only shopping from sites that you know are secure. If you know the site or know people who have used the site with no problems, then chances are it is secure.
- Refrain from Saving Your Debit or Credit Card Information on Websites—Another thing to try to stay away from is saving your debit or credit information to websites... While this may make your shopping more convenient, it could also be a risk. If the site somehow was hacked, then your account information could possibly be compromised.
- Let Your Mobile Device* Be Your Wallet—Make purchases with a single touch using your mobile wallet in participating stores and restaurants as well as online. Go to the Mobile Wallet function on your mobile device and follow the instructions to add your debit card to your wallet for a convenient and secure way to make purchases.
*Data service charges apply through your wireless carrier.