Your landlord is not responsible to reimburse you if you ever experience damage to personal items or theft... Consider getting renter's insurance to ensure that you and your belongings are properly protected. Here are five reasons why investing in renter's insurance is so important:
- Renter's insurance can sometimes cover the cost of belongings lost in a fire, due to lightning, a windstorm, or hailstorm—Losing your belongings in a fire or storm can be devastating. Luckily, those with renter's insurance may be covered in these situations and can be compensated for their loss. Don't just assume the landlord's insurance on the residence will cover your stuff... it more than likely will not.
- Renter's insurance can protect you from theft—While these policies cannot actually stop a theft from happening, they will cover the cost of lost items. Depending on whether a person chose ACV or replacement cost personal property coverage, the insurance company will cover the depreciated value of the stolen items or the cost to replace them... Some renter's insurance even cover identity theft!
- Renter's insurance can possibly cover the cost of a customer's living arrangements until their home is again inhabitable—Most people do not have the money to pay for a hotel while their home is being repaired. Luckily, renter's insurance will cover the cost of a customer's living arrangements until their home is again inhabitable.
- Renter's insurance could cover the costs of accidents that occur on a renter's property—If a person is hurt while on your property, you may be held liable, even if you are not necessarily to blame. The liability coverage in a customer's policy will protect them from being sued for medical bills or other costs.
- If a person loses important items while traveling, renter's insurance might cover that too—Losing a suitcase while traveling is extremely frustrating. Most airlines will only reimburse customers up to a certain amount, which may be less than the lost items were worth. Fortunately, renter's insurance may cover the remaining cost of the lost items, which makes these policies all the more valuable to renters who frequently travel.
For more ways to protect yourself, your family and your business—contact a licensed insurance representative at CB&S Financial Services, Inc. for your free no obligation quote and to find out more about what renter's insurance does or does not cover at 844-813-4526!