Saving money doesn't have to be a difficult task... Try these 15 easy tips to help you save money every day.
- Set aside time every week to go over your finances—Be sure to set aside a specific time each week to make a budget and update it, track your spending and keep up with your transactions.
- Be specific with your financial goals—In order to be successful with your finances you must have a game plan. Map out a specific budget, including goals and be sure to stick to it.
- Choose a savings account that pays—When choosing a savings account, choose one that pays interest. Try looking into a savings account like CB&S Bank's Star Rewards Savings account. You can also use a tool like CB&S Bank's Simple Savings Goal calculator to help you reach your savings goals!
- Research your insurance options—Always research your insurance options and compare to your existing plans before renewing them.
- Cook at home or eat in—You can save a considerable amount of money just by not eating out as often... Try grocery shopping and bringing your lunch from home.
- Do without cable—With Internet video streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime TV you are able to watch a variety of movies and television series anytime you want... and probably for cheaper than what you pay for cable TV!
- Minimize your extra expenses—Try cutting out any extra expenses you may incur... those coffee trips that you make daily, that once a month pedicure, dining out every other night. All of those little expenses add up to a significant amount. Start brewing your own coffee, painting your own toenails and cooking your own dinner and see how much money you save by doing so.
- Get creative with your gift-giving—Rather than choosing the most expensive gift, try giving a more heart-felt gift instead. More than likely the recipient will enjoy the more sentimental gift rather than the expensive one.
- Walk or ride your bike—If you live close enough, walk or ride your bike places. You can save not only on gas, but also on vehicle wear and tear.
- Do your shopping at a supermarket—Convenience stores tend to be overpriced. Do all of your shopping at the supermarket even if the convenience store is closer... You'll end up saving more by purchasing your items cheaper at the supermarket than paying the overpriced convenience store prices.
- Run all of your errands at once—Instead of running errands every day, try to wait until one day of the week and run them all at once... This will help save on fuel costs.
- Take advantage of lodging rental websites—If you have never taken advantage of a lodging rental site such as Airbnb, Travelmob or Housetrip, definitely consider it... A lot of times you can find a lodging option for a rate that's similar to that of a hotel, if not cheaper.
- Wait before you buy—Never make a large purchase without waiting 48 hours first. A lot of times you'll find that you really didn't need the product at all.
- If you're going to splurge, splurge on quality items—If you're going to splurge on anything, splurge on quality items. Purchasing the higher quality item of something may cost you more initially, but can actually save you more as time goes by!
- Don't get caught up in the competition—It's easy to want to do what everyone else is doing or have the same things, or nicer things, than everyone else. Resist this urge and you'll be better off. Try to spend beneath your means and put any excess money into savings... by doing this you may just end up with more than those people you wanted so desperately to outshine in the first place.